As many as 1 out of 5 teenagers are dealing with these problems. Therefore, it is important that you know how to recognise common mental health problems, know how they arise, what you can do to prevent them and what you should do when you actually suffer from them.
By the end of Young People and Their Mental Health at FutureLearn, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify symptoms of the following mental health problems: eating disorders, depression, anxiety, autism, ADHD, addiction, antisocial behaviour and psychosis.
- Explain that there is no a clear dividing line between mentally-healthy and not mentally-healthy people.
- Describe personal, environmental and genetic factors as possible causes of psychological problems.
- Describe ways to deal with psychological problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- What is mental health?
- What are common mental health problems?
- What are the causes of mental health problems?
- What to do when you experience mental health problems.
- How to boost your own mental health.
- 35 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 138 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course has been created for young people aged over 14 wanting to know more about mental health. It might also be of interest to parents, caregivers, teachers and medical professionals.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
Upgrade$44Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.