International Law and International Humanitarian Law - Geneva Summer Schools from University of Geneva is made for students who are intrigued by international law or marvel at its day-to-day interactions with international politics, affairs and business. This is the opportunity for such students to get a crash course to introduce them to this fast moving, intellectually thrilling and profoundly humane field of the law. The course is shaped so as to bring out the best of current issues in international law, while remaining accessible to non-specialists and seeking to broach the main principles of “International Law 101”, so as to allow enthusiasts to go further.
Students at International Law and International Humanitarian Law - Geneva Summer Schools from University of Geneva will:
- have a general understanding of some of the cutting-edge issues in international law today.
- orient their future studies or refresh and extend existing knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Humanitarian Law today
- Refugee law
- Challenges of the International Criminal Court
- Targeted killings
- International humanitarian law and human rights
- Sustainable development
- Non-state actors
- Politics of International Law
- International dispute settlement
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Module 1: 28 June - 9 July - 6 credits for 12 days
- Module 2: 12 - 16 July - 3 credits for 5 days
- Module 3: 28 June - 16 July - 9 credits for 19 days
3, 6 or 9
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Legal Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter (professor, employer...etc) (to be uploaded as a pdf or word document): the reference comes from a professional or academic acquaintance.
- Fill in the application form
- Language requirement
- be enrolled as a student in a university level academic institution, or have completed a university degree.
International1479 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1479 EUR per module during 5 days.
EU/EEA1479 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1479 EUR per module during 5 days.
- Module 1: CHF 2100, UNIGE Students CHF 450
- Module 2: CHF 1600, UNIGE Students CHF 350
- Module 3: CHF 2600, UNIGE Students CHF 550
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.